Recount Text – Bangku Sekolah
Secara harfiah, recount bermakna “menceritakan”. Jadi, recount bisa diartikan sebagai “teks yang menceritakan”. Recount text adalah tulisan yang menceritakan peristiwa, aksi, ataupun aktifitas secara terperinci.
Teks recount mirip seperti teks narasi saat kita menulis cerita, tapi dalam teks recount cerita yang ditulis adalah cerita nyata dan ceritanya tertata rapi (secara kronologis).
Tujuan recount text yaitu untuk merekam atau memberikan informasi faktual dari peristiwa yang terjadi di masa lalu atau untuk menghibur pembaca.
B. Susunan Umum Recount Text
Susunan umum dari teks recount :
- Orientation (Orientasi) : menceritakan siapa saja yang terlibat di dalam cerita, apa yang terjadi, dimana peristiwa tersebut terjadi, dan kapan peristiwa tersebut terjadi.
- Event (Peristiwa) : menceritakan urutan kejadian.
- Re-orientation/Conclusion (Orientasi Ulang/Kesimpulan) : berisi penutup cerita dimana penulis membuat kesimpulan dari peristiwa yang terjadi.
Contoh dari recount teks : artikel, laporan kepolisian, laporan surat kabar, cerita sejarah, surat, jurnal, laporan peristiwa/kejadian, catatan buku harian.
C. Contoh Recount Text
Contoh Teks Recount 1 :
My First Experience to Ride Motorcycle
One day, when I was twelve years old, my grandfather bought a motorcycle for me. I think it was small light object and easy to ride it.
Firstly, my grandfather refused my request and promised that he would teach me two or three years later, but I still whimpered. So, finally, my grandfather surrendered and promised to teach me.
He began to teach me riding the motorcycle around a field in my village. My grandfather was very patient to giveme some directions. I was very happy when I realized my ability to ride a motorcycle. “Yes, I can”.
One day later, when I was alone at home, I intended to try my riding ability. So, myself tried bravely. All ran fluently in the beginning, but when I was going back to my home and I passed through a narrow slippery street, I got nervous. I lost my control and I fell to the ditch.
After that, I told my grandfather about the last accident. I imagine my grandfather would be angry and never let me ride again. But, the reality is exactly on the contrary, my grandfather was very proud of me. He just gave me some advices and since that accident, I got my grandfather’s permission to ride motorcycle.
- Orientation : a. Who : I and my grandfather, b. When : When I was twelve years old, c. What happen : My grandfather bought motorcycle and my grandfather promised to teach me riding
- Events : My grandfather taught me riding motorcycle ► I could ride, finally ► One day later, I tried riding motorcycle alone ► I fell to the ditch
- Re-orientation : Paragraf terakhir
Contoh Teks Recount 2 :
A Funeral in Toraja
Last month my family and I went to Toraja to attend Grandpa’s funeral. It was my first time to go to such a ceremony. We gathered there with our kin in the ceremony.
Overall, the ceremony was quite elaborate. It took about a week. Several days before the ceremony was done, grandpa’s body was kept in a series of houses arranged in a circular row around an open field called tongkonan. His corpse was dressed in a fine wearing.
The funeral was performed in two phases. First, we slaughtered the pigs and buffaloes, and then moved the corpse to face north. In this ceremony we wore black clothes. After that, the corpse was placed in a sandal wood coffin. Then, it was brought out of the house and placed on an open platform beneath the granary. Meanwhile, my uncle, my brother, and I prepared the wooden puppet and a funeral tower called lakian. The next phase of the ceremony was held in this place. The coffin is borne from the house and placed in the lakian. During the day, there were also buffalo matches. They were great matches. In the night, we were feasting, chanting, and dancing.
On the last day, the grandpa’s coffin were lowered from the funeral tower and brought up to the mountain side family graveyard. It was followed by great shouting and excitement from the relatives and the guests. Finally, we installed the wooden puppet on a high balcony where other puppets representing the members of a whole family were already there. The funeral ceremonies made my family and me tired. However, we were grateful because it ran smoothly.
- Orientation : a. Who : I and my family, b. When : Last month, c. What happen : Attend my grandpa’s funeral
- Events : My grandpa’s body was kept in a series of houses arranged in a circular row around an open field called tongkonan ► His corpse was dressed in a fine wearing ► The funeral was performed in two phases
- Re-orientation : Paragraf terakhir
Demikianlah sedikit pembahasan tentang recount text, semoga bermanfaat. Terima kasih telah berkunjung ke bangkusekolah.com.